Veneers are a cosmetic addition to a smile and mouth. They are made specifically to help your smile look its best. Veneers are made of porcelain, and they are shaped and custom-made in a dental laboratory. When porcelain veneers are bonded to your teeth, they can make your smile beautiful and flawless.
Some of the purposes of porcelain veneers may include:
- Cosmetically perfecting your smile
- Correcting crooked teeth
- Fixing misshapen teeth
- Correcting severe discolorations/stains on teeth
- Correcting teeth that are too small or too large
- Fixing unwanted/uneven spaces between teeth
- Repairing chipped or worn down teeth
Veneers are not the ideal solution to treating all dental problems but are often used as alternatives. Like most dental restorations, bonded veneers may someday need replacement. They are very durable and are expected to last for many years, providing you with a new and beautiful smile.